Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Most Magnificent Shake

Hello all!
So after eating a dinner of Mushroom tofu rice stirfry (frozen from Trader Joes, was a bit too spicy for my taste), I decided I needed to sip on something sweet. A soy milkshake wasn't an option tonight, as I had no more soy icecream... I looked in the fridge and pantry, and came up with a concoction that is nutty, chocolatey, sweet, to DIE for. I am currently sipping on the most magnificent shake- healthy and tasty! I didn't measure, but here are the roughs for about 2 servings:

Almond Cocoa Shake

- Handful of raw almonds
- Tablespoon + Teaspoon raw almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Less than 1/2 cup coconut milk (silk)
- Less than 1/4 cup soy milk
- Half a banana
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- Teaspoon of sucanat or raw sugar
- handeful of ice

Blend everything and serve while cold! I'm sure this shake is super loose and open to other possibilities - if you wanna add more or less ingredients, replace, etc. go for it. Heres to happy and healthy sipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment