Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Street Natural

Last night, my mother and I were walking through Soho, and we came upon a pretty large restaurant called Spring Street Natural. I had remembered seeing the name on urbanspoon- so we walked in to take a look. The restaurant wasn't a vegan restaurant (there was meat, eggs, dairy), but more of a healthy upscale restaurant with vegan options. The friendly waitress sat us down at a smooth wood table-booth, and we took a look at the menu. I ordered a tempeh rice vegi stir fry (vegan), and my mom ordered an almond cheddar burger (not vegan). My dish was alright- a very generous portion, a little too generous! The tempeh was very heavy, and I became full extremely fast. My mom disliked her dish, and thought it tasted like a "vegetarian diner burger". I was a little disappointed with the dinner portion, but the dessert made up for it all! For dessert I ordered a scoop of raw vanilla cashew gelato, made by a company called "Organic Nectars". It was so good. I was literally licking the bowl! I looked up the company, and apparently they make a whole line of gelatos, agave nectars, chocolate bars, etc. ! I look forward to trying more from them.  Overall, Spring Street was pretty good- but next time I think I'll go for a salad. In my experience, only full vegan restaurants know how to do mock vegan food amazing.
http://www.organicnectars.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment